BENT BARREL HUNT CLUB
1. President David Owens
2. Vice-President Ed Owens
3. Secretary Michael Sandler
4. Representative Joey Ramsey
5. Representative Frank Elkins
6. Representative Barry Hayes
1. Annual dues are $550.00.
a) ANY AND ALL MONIES PAID TOWARD DUES ARE NON REFUNDABLE
2. A deposit of $250.00 is due by March 31st in order to hold your spot in the club.
a) New membership will open as of April 1st.
3. Dues are to be paid in full on or before May 31st.
a) A late fee of $25.00 will be enforced to all members not paid in full by May 31st.
b) NO MEMBER WILL BE ALLOWED TO HUNT UNTIL DUES ARE PAID IN FULL –
THIS INCLUDES BOW AND BLACK POWDER HUNTING
4. Members' children attending school hunt for free. Young hunters will sit on stand with experienced hunter until determined by mutual agreement of parent and hunt club president that they can be put on their own stand. If president is not at the hunt, agreement of a board member will suffice.
5. Members that are out of school but under the age of 21 as of Oct 1st within the hunting year will be required to pay 50% of total annual dues plus raffle and workdays.
6. Checks are to be made payable to "Bent Barrel Hunt Club" and should be given to David Owens or mailed to him at:
309 Northbrooke Ave.
Suffolk, VA 23434
7. Membership is subject to approval of the board.
8. Members' children attending school hunt for free. Young hunters will sit on stand with experienced hunter until determined by mutual agreement of parent and hunt club president that they can be put on their own stand. If president is not at the hunt, agreement of a board member will suffice.
9. Each member is required to attend 3 workdays of at least six hours per day. A fee of $50.00 will be collected for each day not worked. All workdays must be completed or money paid before a member will be allowed to hunt during general firearms season.
10. There will be a mandatory raffle where all club members, dog runners, and board members will be required to sell $100.00 in raffle tickets. All money will be due at the time a member is issued raffle tickets.
a) NO MEMBER WILL BE ALLOWED TO HUNT UNTIL RAFFLE TICKETS ARE PAID IN FULL –
THIS INCLUDES BOW AND BLACK POWDER HUNTING
11. All members are required to sign all release of liability forms. Even if not signed, by accepting membership to Bent Barrel Hunt Club, member assumes all responsibilities associated with release forms.
II. GENERAL RULES
1. There will be no hunting and no handling of firearms or knives while under the influence of alcohol. **THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED**
2. No alcohol consumption during hunt.
3. No illegal drugs allowed.
4. All members and guests must have proper license and tags.
5. All guns must be unloaded at meeting sites, clubhouse area and while walking to/from stands.
6. No refunds if member is thrown out of club for any violation.
7. Only deer hunting is allowed at club hunts unless disclosed prior to the hunt.
8. Persons staying in the Clubhouse will be responsible for cleaning up.
9. Persons keeping dogs in pens will be responsible for cleanliness.
10. Deer stands will only be built with the permission from the board members.
11. No killing deer out of season.
12. There will be no organized hunts without the presence of a board member.
13. Two (2) days prior to opening day there will be no hunting at all in the Big Dinwiddie piece.
14. No squirrel or rabbit hunting prior to deer season.
15. No slugs during organized hunts.
16. The person killing the deer is responsible for removing the remains from hunt club area. No meat is to be taken until remains are removed.
17. The person killing the deer gets his/her choice of meat (1 loin or 1 ham for example) off of deer that he/she kills. If two deer are killed by the same person, he/she gets choice off of one deer and will draw for his/her second.
18. No one will run dogs on a non-scheduled hunting day.
19. Females are welcome during hunting season, but must sleep in trailers during all deer seasons. Women will not be allowed to sleep in the clubhouse during any deer season.
20. Campers – Prior approval is needed from President to put camper at clubhouse. Call David Owens at 757-934-3533
a) No new or major overhaul of structures is allowed to be built without prior approval from President.
21. Killing small deer is not allowed. There will be a $50 fine for any deer killed that weighs less than 70 pounds. The second time will be $75, the third $100 and loss of hunting rights for the remainder of the season.
a) Hunters under the age of 16 are eligible to kill one deer under the 70 pound weight limit.
22. Sign in rules for all non-organized hunt days for all seasons:
a) No member can sign in for a specific area to hunt more than 24 hours in advance
b) Monday – Thursday: All hunters must be signed in at the mailbox located at the respective area
c) Friday – Saturday: All hunters must be signed in at the clubhouse and at the mailbox located at the respective area
23. No smoking in the clubhouse. No pets in the clubhouse.
24. We as a club will do our best to enforce a good neighbor policy. If a problem arises, please contact a club board member.
III. VISITOR HUNTING
1. Cost is $25.00 per day with no exceptions as to where we hunt. Money will be collected prior to hunting. This includes all hunting seasons where visitors are allowed.
2. Member is responsible for notifying club official of his visitor 24 hours prior to arrival.
a) Even after notification, there is no guarantee that the visitor will be allowed to hunt.
3. The member who invites visitor is responsible for visitor’s actions and must be present at time of hunt.
4. A member can have only two visitors per season.
5. A visitor can only hunt two times, period, and must be completed in the same year.
6. No visitor can drive his vehicle on land without authorization.
7. If member or visitor willfully destroys any property or equipment, he/she is subject to pay for damages.
8. No visitors allowed during bow season, black powder season, and opening week of deer season.
9. During Spring Gobbler season, members must notify club official if wishing to bring visitor.
a) NO VISITORS ON OPENING DAY AND SATURDAYS OF SPRING GOBBLER SEASON
10. Member must contact club official in advance of his visitor is wishing to stay overnight in the clubhouse. Members have priority over bunks.
11. Former members will not be allowed to hunt as a visitor unless they have moved out of state and also pay a visitor fee.
12. All visitors are required to sign all release forms. Even if not signed, by accepting the privilege to hunt as a visitor with Bent Barrel Hunt Club, visitor assumes all responsibilities associated with all release forms. This will be the responsibility of the member inviting the visitor.
**PRESIDENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO LOOK AT ALL PROBLEMS AND MAKE EXCEPTIONS TO RULES IF NEEDED OR IF SITUATION IS NOT COVERED IN THESE BY-LAWS. PRESIDENT HAS FINAL SAY ON ANY AND ALL ISSUES.